Saturday, October 17, 2009

Seeking the Wisdom of God

This week has been the hardest week for me since moving in but it has been a good week to come close to God. I have been calling on God to give me wisdom and understanding. In the book of James 1:5 it says if anyone is lacking wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously. I want to be faithful to God till the end. My prayer is for more wisdom, His wisdom and not my own.

I thank God so much for his love for me, last Sunday was my birthday. I appreciate my family in Sudan for celebrating my birthday in my absence and I also appreciate my friends here in the United States. We were able to celebrate my birthday with friends in Wadley, Al and here at my house in Birmingham. We had a lot of fun. During my birthday Chad, Bullen and Stephen tried to give me a birthday spanking. Chad held my hands then Bullen and Stephen started spanking me. I enjoyed the nice time and I am still receiving birthday cards. Thank you Jesus!

Regarding school, everybody is busy and some classes are hard, but I pray that God will help us to do better. I was busy and stressed this week with an essay. I know God was there to help me. I appreciate Lee Baker and Scott Bickel for being our math tutor. Thank God for Chad, he came and worked with us a couple of nights and even called to quiz us over the phone.

This week Bullen and I met a friend from Kenya. She told us about some Sudanese friends who are working downtown in Birmingham. This week in the ThreeSixty house everybody is doing well. Pray for continued love of God, our study in His word and to stay strong in the faith. No matter what is coming our way; good or bad we give God the glory, honor and praise.

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment