Saturday, August 8, 2009

The First Week

Each week, the ThreeSixty guys are assigned projects at the house on a rotating basis. One gets cooking duty, one gets trash duty, one is responsible for cleaning the dishes and the last one gets a free week but they do have one responsibility. To write the blog. The only direction they receive on writing the blog is - write what ever you want. This will be posted by Saturday morning each week. Below is the entry that Stephen Griffin wrote. I invite you back each week to follow the guys through this journey....

August 2 has finally come and now Jerime, Bullen, Andrew, and I have moved in together with Rick and Lisa. I want to thank everyone who helped make this house like a five star hotel. It was a scary feeling at first because I had left my mother behind and I am staying with people who I knew for just a little while. As the days turn into weeks staying with everybody was not that bad after all, I had fun the first week. The things that I like the most was when Chad put us four in two teams and made us battle against each other. One battle was being blindfolded and your partner had to lead you to the flag by giving verbal directions. The second battle was building a structure with only toothpicks and marshmallows in 20 minutes (It was very sticky business). When we tied, we had to answer Bible trivia questions to break the tie. What I liked about the team battles was it helped us bond with each other and show our leadership skills. The other thing I liked about this week was the small group we had with Derrick Thomas from Brook Hills. We talked about John chapter three and what I liked about it was he made me looked at that chapter in a different way and he made it interesting by asking us question and keeping us involved. This week I have discovered that we all have different slangs and accents and it is going to be one interesting year as we come together and learn more about each other.


God Bless,
Stephen

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Stephen. I like how you write... it makes me feel like I'm there. Of course the Facebook pictures of the blindfolding and marshmallows helped. I am excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete