Saturday, May 23, 2009

ThreeSixty participant Andrew Mandis is our guest writter this week. Here is what the Lord has spoken through Andrew.

On February 3, 2007 I was traveling by bus from Sudan to Kampala Uganda to attend school. While sleeping on the bus I heard a voice asking , “Andrew, who do you want to follow?” I answered I will follow Jesus. I then heard the question “how?” Wow this is head question. I said “God give me the right answer.” God gave me the answer in my heart, I said, “I will say yes to Jesus and do whatever he wants of me through the strength he gives me, but I will say NO to evil.” I then awoke thanking God for the change that had occurred. God used this opportunity to teach me to be a true follower of Christ. To be a true follower of Christ is to hate sin/sinful nature the same way to fear the lord is to hate evil (Ps 8:13). God chose us and appointed each of us to go and bear fruit- fruit that will last. How can we bear a good fruit that can last? Well, through the spiritual gifts. We were called to serve and to lead many others (John 15:16 ). God is speaking to us to be strong and courageous and to be careful, to obey all the laws (Joshua1:6-9) because he is preparing us for is work. May the peace of our lord Jesus Christ be with you as you read this testimony.

Written by Andrew Mandis

No comments:

Post a Comment